Welcome To The PYC!
Welcome to the PYC, meet our commodore and search the Poughkeepsie Yacht Club Website!
Greetings, Members and Visitors
The Poughkeepsie Yacht Club is a small private social yacht club based in the Hudson Valley in upstate New York. The club is one of the earliest yachting institutions in America and founded in 1892. The Club's members have contributed to the sport of yachting, sailing, rowing, and ice-boating. We are open to non-boaters and boaters alike (see OFFERINGS).
The club is located on the Eastern shore in the heart of the scenic Hudson Valley, on a quiet and beautiful part of the Hudson River about halfway between New York City and Albany. Our location is in close proximity to the Hyde Park historic sites (Franklin Deleno Roosevelt/Elenor Roosevelt/Vanderbuilt estate), the Culinary Institute of America (CIA), and the rustic town of Rhinebeck, NY.
- Join to be social or join to be a boater. No boat required.
- Fun theme gatherings at the club which we like to call "Frugal Fridays".
- Affordable boating, A club which keeps costs down by everyone pitching in.
- Seasonal events for holidays such as Irish Night, Trim-A-Tree, and Ocktoberfest.
- Joining a group can be one of most rewarding experiences. We hope to build friendships, and lasting memories.
- A family environment of people with shared interests in the river.
- A picturesque place to host your gatherings with friends, BBQing, and so forth.
- A fully stocked bar.
Visitor Highlights :
- Guests and Transients always welcome. Phone # 845-889-4742
- Hyde Park historic sites (Franklin Deleno Roosevelt/Elenor Roosevelt/Vanderbuilt estate
- Easy docking on our North T-docks with full 30/50 amp service
- Culinary Institute of America (CIA) for amazing dinning experiences
- Full shower, bathroom, and clothes washing facilities.
- Complementary WiFi Internet Access.
The Boating Season
PYC is a seasonal yacht club beginning its “commissioned” year in early April and ending in late October. The club offers its members access to a special spot on the Hudson river across from Esopus Island.
PYC Work Parties
Work Parties are the necessary sacrifice of time and labor we give to the club to keep it “shipshape” and the dues low. It’s good, honest work in a magnificent setting and provides opportunities for learning new things, and acquiring life-long friendships.
For those considering becoming members, please download our brochure which describes our membership options and club amenities. When you are ready, you can fill out our online membership application. Thank you for your interest.
Please look around our web site, we would love you to join us. Powerboaters, Sailors, Kayakers, and social members are all welcome! Here’s to a great and safe season at the Poughkeepsie Yacht Club!