PYC Technology and Wifi
The Technology Chair is largely run by Michael Quick. If you would like to help out to get hours, let him know. We have opportunities in basic website work, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and more. New ideas are always welcome!
The following sections contains popular questions of members and guests
WiFi Access (for Guests/Transients/All Members)
The club has limited WiFi access connected to several access points. Connect to one of the following access points based on your location: PYC North (North Docks), PYC South (South Docks, and Clubhouse. If you have trouble with the Internet (connected but not working), the router may need to be reset which can be done via the reset button in the clubhouse.
Facebook : www.facebook.com/PokYachtClub
Our main Facebook page is open to the public and we encourage you to promote the club there by sharing interesting photos and information that relates to boating in the Hudson Valley. If you find an interesting article, share it, share links from the Facebook page to your personal page. This is a very important and inexpensive way to promote the club.
Google Calendar: Access
Anyone can access the PYC calendar to view entries. The link is on the website HERE.
Google Calendar: Updating Entries (Admin Roles)
Steps for being an admin for our PYC Google Calendar:
- Create a Gmail account if you don't have one already.
- Google calendar is owned by the newsletter editor, for access to *EDIT* the calendar contact the newsletter editor or BoD member.
- After being granted access to edit the calendar. Go to the calendar page on the website HERE.
- on the bottom right you will see a button. click on the "google" button:
Now you will be in the google calendar. If you are asked to log in, use your gmail email account and password to login: "Sign in to continue to Google Calendar".
After logging in, you will see ALL OF YOUR GOOGLE CALENDARS. If you want, select Poughkeepsie Yacht Club, and then select from the menu "Display only this calendar":
Then create a new entry:
- Click on the CREATE button
- Give the event a title/name
- Select time range (or select 'all day'). If it is a repeating event, click 'repeat' and follow the steps.
- Location: PYC, Rhinecliff, etc.
- MAKE SURE you have Poughkeepsie Yacht Club selected for Calendar.
- Details of the event
- Then Click Save