Travelift Operator Guidelines
The following site provides an outline for what is required to operate and maintain the PYC travellift. There is also a questionare below which can be filled out as well for those interesting in operating the travellift. We ask that you be invited first by the Roads and Equipment Chairman before pursing this. Please contact them first if you haven't done so already.
Click on the following button to download the PYC Travellift support docment (PDF File) :
CRITERIA FOR LIFT OPEREATORS
- Knowledge of boat types and sailboat masts and rigging
- Has good common sense
- Works well with others
- Is never in a hurry
- Double checks before driving into problem areas, ie. climbs down off machine and looks
- Can place the machine into and out of difficult spots
- Does not allow conflicting ground crew signals from safely managing the machine
- Will halt the launch if safety is not maintained
- Does not exceed machine specifications
- Does not allow live loads to be carried by the lift
- Will notify proper person if a mechanical or other condition develops
- Does not operate intoxicated
- Understands tides
Requirements to be called Qualified
If you are interested in becoming an operator, please consider the following. Fill out the form only if you have been invited to participate in the training.
Travel lift trainees should be approached and invited to train after being pre-screened by House, Road and Steward. If interested, the trainee should go through a basic training period.
- Perform pre-operational checks of Travelift, well and yard storage area
- Training in correct placement of hauledboats in the yard
- Ability to work with the steward andother Travelift operators in coordinating boat placement in the yard
- Demonstratecharacteristics defined in thecriteria for liftoperators